The Yoga By Design Foundation is honored to sponsor a teacher training for "Mindful Yoga Therapy" to assist in teaching students who are living with PTSD and others Healing from Trauma. Suzanne Manafort, coauthor and Lead Teacher for "Mindful Yoga Therapy" will lead the workshop.
15 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Teacher Training Credentials.
The Mindful Yoga Therapy Training for Yoga Teachers Program covers:
- Why yoga for trauma?
- The Toolbox and its five practices: Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Meditation and Gratitude
- Special considerations and specific techniques for working with Veteran
- The nervous system and using yoga as a therapeutic methodology
- Appropriateness and variations of asana
- Understanding Veteran and military culture
- How to bring Mindful Yoga Therapy into the world
- 12 Week Protocol
- Post Traumatic Growth
Presented By: Suzanne Manafort, coauthor and lead teacher
Dates: April 24-26, 2015
Friday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Karma Yoga, West Bloomfield
6710 Orchard Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
A growing number of veterans and healthcare professionals are discovering that the age-old practice of yoga and meditation offers an effective way to deal with the physical and emotional pain of post-traumatic stress disorder, major depression and traumatic brain injury. Yoga is far more than an exercise program – it’s a full mind-body discipline that can improve the life of every veteran, from World War II vets to service members just returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Clinical studies show that yoga can help veterans and others living with past trauma's:
- Sleep better, overcoming insomnia and nightmares
- Enjoy a sense of well-being
- Relieve depression and hopelessness
- Cope with and even resolve anxiety and fear
- Find escape from the “fight or flight” response that causes hyperarousal
- Control anger and strong emotions
- Reconnect emotionally with friends, family and their community
- Be successful in recovering from addiction
- Feel less physical pain
You can register through Paypal
or by mailing a check before April 10, 2015, payable to:
Click on Mindful Yoga Therapy for more information about the Mindful Yoga Therapy training.
For more information on registration call 248-225-2381.
“In the end, just three things matter:
- How well we have lived
- How well we have loved
- How well we have learned to let go"